Accomplishments

Well I have something in mind to write … but it’s taking some thought and composition. Which is just not happening today. I sort of got into a domestic/grown-up frenzy.  It happens now and then, despite my being  a non-domestic goddess 90% of the time. The other 10%?  Bills, laundry, cleaning, dishes … it all starts grumbling at me until it feels like that’s all I can hear, and I need to get it ALL done.

Tonight I have:

  • Paid bills. Yuck.
  • Returned some borrowed items
  • Vacuumed
  • Cleaned up the dinner stuff
  • Emptied the dishwasher
  • Loaded the dishwasher
  • Done two loads of laundry
  • Cleaned the kitchen counters and stovetop and cupboard fronts
  • Taken out the garbage
  • Taken out the recycling
  • Cleaned the tub, the toilet, the sink, the bathroom counter, the bathroom mirror, AND the bathroom floor
  • Dusted the living room

Of course I still have stuff in boxes that I haven’t unpacked since we moved in … nevermind. An embarrassingly long time ago. And my bedroom is a mess. The kitty litter needs scooping. The kitchen floor needs cleaning. And I have to fold and put away laundry. But I think I’ve done enough for tonight. Tomorrow I’ll tackle some of that, but I can’t guarantee I’ll touch the boxes!

Now, I am going to have a shower. Er. Wait. No. The dishwasher is running. So I’m going to make tomorrow’s lunches, find Cameron’s karate gi, then have a shower. Then I’ll call Leif and sit back and relax a bit.

Advertisements

2 responses to “Accomplishments

  1. I’ve no idea who Leif is, but that’s a durn sexy name!
    I’m going to sleep. You should do the same. We have boys who won’t wait for ANYTHING tomorrow morning! 🙂

    • (Ah, if you’re related to me, don’t read this comment, it’s one of those more-than-you-probably-want-to-know things).

      .

      .

      .

      A sexy name for a very sexy man.

      It still took me a long time to make it to bed last night, but the good news is that Cameron decided to sleep in. I was up and at’em for 20 minutes before he stumbled down the hallway.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s